Velux Loft Conversion Overview
A Velux loft conversion is the most affordable way to utilize your roof’s space.
Velux roof refurbishments are one of the most common attic extensions you will see. They can become a practical room in most homes.
What is a Velux Loft Conversion?
A Velux loft conversion is one of the simplest and most affordable solutions for your home and works best when there is a good amount of headroom so you can make full use of all the space available.
When compared to other forms of loft conversions, like the dormer, mansard and hip to gables, Velux loft conversions require quite a bit less construction work and are not as complex as other forms of conversions.
Here, we go over the details on velux loft conversion ideas, plans and cost before you make the investment in one.
- A Velux increases useable space in your attic to the maximum amount possible. It grants gives full headroom.
- Construction of a velux is quicker than other types of attic extensions.
- Planning permission is not required for most velux conversions.
Why householders choose a velux
- Pocket friendly
- Suited to most types of home
- Choice of shapes and styles
- Planning permission not needed
- Bright and spacious
- Ideal for small loft areas
- Quickly completed
- Not as much construction work
- Maximum head height possible
How can you use a velux?
High property prices mean that many kids can’t afford a place of their own. Ageing parents are increasingly moving in too. This means that more and more London homes are housing multiple generations.
A velux attic extension gives you the space to accommodate your loved ones whilst saving your sanity.
- Additional bedrooms plus an extra bathroom
- Ensuite master bedroom
- Home theatre
- Games room
- Fitness suite with gym
Want some instant return on your investment?
How about renting out your additional space? More and more home owners are advertising their spare rooms on airbnb and cashing in on the tennis. A small flat in your attic can increase your monthly income by around £1000 in rent.
A velux attic extension is an asset to any home. You get oodles of practical new space without breaking the bank.
Velux Attic Extensions are covered by our 10 year warranty
Want to know more? Call us on 020 3974 2341 to book your free consultation. Velux not right for you? Check out other types here.